Thursday, May 15, 2008

First full day of work

Well, today was my first full day working. Lots of sweating, unpacking crates, setting things up. One thing I found interesting was that everybody smokes here. Everywhere. The workers unloading crates? Smoking. Kids going to school? Smoking. People riding their bikes? Smoking. It's mostly strange because you can't smoke in San Diego legally almost anywhere.

Below is a picture of the U-Bahn line that I take to work. This was taken outside the Messe, where I'm currently working.


This is the building that I'm preparing for the show. Great fun. I didn't take a detailed picture of the machine that I'm specifically working on, because I know that my competitors (or, as my German friend Maurice would say, enemies) watch this blog, hoping that I will let something slip.


A picture of the inside of the train I take to work and to the Altstadt (the old city), sometimes referred to as the longest bar in the world, since it has hundreds of bars. Beer is definitely the choice of beverage around there, and it's better than the water. Also, for your viewing pleasure, a picture of the back of MYL's head.


The unfortunate view to the right of my hotel window.


The not great, but still much better than the right side, left side of my hotel window view. Note that I had to climb out onto the ledge six stories up for this picture.


A shot down the street from where I ate tonight. It was raining, but fairly pleasant evening despite the wetness. It's generally humid out anyway.


Auf wiedersehen.

4 comments:

keithandruth said...

Hey Andy,

We will be living vicariously through you for awhile! Or we'll be really happy we're NOT there, at times (as in climbing out on the ledge! :)! Thanks for including your humble servants in your adventures!

Anonymous said...

Enemies watching your blog? How terribly exciting!

Thany said...

Quite a cloak and dagger lifestyle you lead there, Andrew.

ac the oblong said...

Maurice was trying to refer to competitors, but didn't know the word. So enemy was closest.