Monday, June 23, 2008

Fun with family, friends and neighbors

Michelle and I have had a couple of very nice evenings with Christian and Anna and their wonderful neighbors. Great food in large quantities, great beer, and some excellent homemade schnapps. At the start of the evening, I understood perhaps five percent of the German that was spoken around me. After drinking the schnapps, I could understand around twenty percent. Amazing stuff.

The warning label on the back of the homemade schnapps means something like: Please take regularly but in moderation. For risks and side effects, ask your doctor or pharmacist.


We also learned that, in Germany, you're never too young to tend the bar. This young lady knew how to coax the perfect glass of beer from the Biermaschine. She has a real gift.


Everyone has been very kind here and understanding about my woeful lack of skill with the German language. I've had a great time.

No comments: